August 13th, 2009
Over the past few weeks, you’ve made some fantastic pledges to charities and have (hopefully) finished up some projects. Here are a few helpful hints to make sending your donations as easy as possible:
1. Double-check that your item meets the charity’s requirements. If your item is complete but fails to meet specifications, consider donating it to a different charity, hospital, or shelter.
2. If you are washing an item before sending, make sure to use a frangrance-free detergent. This is to prevent any potential allergy issues or skin sensitivities.
3. Include your yarn label or a note specifying fiber content and yarn care instructions. This will help the charity if they have any yarn requirements, and it will help recipient keep the item in great shape.
4. Place your item in a plastic bag. This will keep your work clean and dry, even if you’re delivering the item by hand.
5. Deliver or send your item! Don’t forget to celebrate your accomplishment. You’ve done a fantastic job.
Are you finished with your donation? Leave us a comment to tell us about your progress and share your final donation!
- Charity Knit & Crochet-Along: Keep Up the Great Work
- Charity Knit & Crochet-Along: Crafting With a Group
- Charity Knit & Crochet-Along: Getting Started
- Every Stitch Makes a Difference: Join Us for a Special Virtual Event
- Charity Connection