April 6th, 2010
Recently I saw this photo of artist Christien Meindertsma‘s giant knit Aran Rug. It struck me as a beautiful and unique way to incorporate yarncrafts into your home — and I hope you find it as inspirational as I do.
I’m not sure that I have needles quite big enough for a rug, but I bet you that with Speed Stix and three strands of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, I could make a small rug or a throw. If you’re also inspired by Christien’s piece, take a look at the Diamonds and Pearls cable pattern or the Hourglass cable pattern in our StitchFinder for similar cable patterns to try out.
- Seen in the Yarniverse: Crochet Megadoily
- Chain Stitches as Jewelry
- A Huge Statement in Fiber
- Furniture: Knit and Crochet
- Extra Super-Duper Bulky-Weight Yarn