April 11th, 2010
Kevin and Gretchen Abraham-Banks both drive trucks and both love to knit. Gretchen taught her husband to knit on Wool-Ease Thick & Quick and now, she says, “I created a monster!.”
After we saw an article about a trend of truck drivers who knit during recessionary down times, we contacted them to find out more. Gretchen sent us a number of photos of their knitting household, including two teenage sons. They told us they really enjoy using Lion Brand yarns, especially because it is widely available and reasonably priced. Kevin is shown in the photos knitting everything from afghans to socks on circulars, straights and double pointed needles. Right now, his passion is sock knitting.
Do you know someone with down time? Why not teach him or her to knit or crochet?
- Learn to Knit (or Teach Others)
- From Football to Needlecraft
- More Famous Men Knitting: Cary Grant
- Knitting with FDR
- Seen in the Yarniverse: Male Knitters & Crocheters
- YarnCraft Episode 05 :: Men Who Knit & Crochet (episode guide)