July 20th, 2010
I love checking out design and crafting blogs for inspiration, ideas, and yarn-spotting. Browsing blog posts last week, I came across this photo of a Smart Car, completely covered in crochet, sitting on the streets of Rome!
Photographed by StartTheDay on Flickr.
It’s a project from KnittaPlease, the yarny graffiti team, who are setting up for Il Lusso Essenziale, a festival in Rome that celebrates the “luxury of essential.” Click here to see their blog post about this project.
What a great way to dress up your car and give it some personality!
What incredible yarn art have you seen around your neck of the woods? Tell us about it by leaving a comment!
- Spotted in the Yarniverse: Yarn-Wrapped Road Barriers in Austin, TX
- KnittaPlease Hits Fashion Week
- Photos from Yarn Theory Exhibit
- YarnCraft Explores: Communal Art, “Yarn Bombing,” Brooklyn Tweed
- Knitted Parking Meter Covers