November 13th, 2010
For those of you have a very big list of people to appreciate this year, here are some ideas that will allow you to customize gifts and make them special without having to spend too much time or money. These are combination gifts that include a little handmade and a little storebought.
1. Washcloths are something everyone can use. They are fast and easy to make and you can personalize the colors. You can purchase small basket and fill it with a couple of washcloths, a bar of scented soap and wrap in a clear cellphane.
2. You can make an especially feminine version of a gift set perfect for harsh winter weather by placing washcloths in a box, tied with a ribbon and add lip balm and a travel size of hand cream or some antibacterial towelettes to ward off winter germs.
3. For the cooks on your list, put together a collection of potholders and add a spatula, wooden spoon and a bottle of the person’s favorite spice.
4. For those who like to decorate for the holidays, try combining a crocheted coaster set or knit table runner with a carved or scented candle.
5. Combine a little hand-made purse for kids or adults and add a selection of their favorite candy.
What ideas do you have for small but special gifts?