November 30th, 2010
Last week, I asked you to vote on your favorite Lion Brand yarn for charity crafting. The results are in, and you named Vanna’s Choice as your favorite. Some of the reasons you named were the softness, washability, and wide color range. Homespun was also quite popular in the poll for similar reasons. Now that you’ve selected your favorite yarns, here are 5 patterns to inspire your charity crafting:
1. Knit Warm Up America Blanket: This comfortable blanket is perfect for donating to Warm Up America or any other charity organization. It’s also a great project for experimenting with the over 50 colors of Vanna’s Choice.
2. Crochet Comforting Blue Cap: This comfortable hat makes a perfect chemo cap.
3. Knit Ribbed Scarf: This versatile scarf can be worn by men, women, or child.
4. Crochet Simply Sublime Shawl: The softness of Homespun makes this prayer shawl extra special.
5. Knit Honest Warmth Shawl: This triangular prayer shawl works up quickly and easily.
What’s your favorite pattern for charity projects? Share your thoughts in the comments!