Here in New York, the holiday windows are a fun and festive tradition during the winter season, and at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio, we’re excited to be a part of it. This year’s window features a skating lion and his penguin friends–click here to visit the Studio’s blog and see more photos.
To celebrate the new window, we invite YOU to write a caption for it, and the winner will get $250 to spend on LionBrand.com!
Contest ends on December 17th, 11:59 pm EST. Please note that you MUST use the form below (if you’re viewing this blog post on an RSS reader or in e-mail, please click on the title of the blog post to view it in its entirety). Only one entry per computer. You may return to this blog post and edit your entry at any point before the contest ends. Open to residents over the age of majority of the US and countries to which LionBrand.com ships (please click here to see a list of international countries to which we ship).
It’s getting very close to the holidays. If you’re like me, then you’ve purchased all of your large gifts, but you still have to pick up a few stocking stuffers and small gifts. Here are 6 easy ideas that you can pick up almost anywhere.
1. Tape measure. Crafters can never have too many measuring devices. Tailor’s tape or a retractable, flexible tape measure can be purchased up at craft, art, and department stores.
2. Scissors. Small, portable scissors are a must-have for any crafter on the go. For a special gift, select embroidery scissors come with an ornate design. Another great option is a pair of folding scissors. Find a pair at your favorite craft or department store.
3. Highlighter tape. This is handy for marking a pattern without leaving anything permanently. Pick up a roll or two at any craft, department, or office supply store.
4. Hand lotion. Cold weather can dry out the skin. It’s especially important for knitters and crocheters to keep their hands moisturized.
5. Special yarn. Every yarncrafter has a special yarn that she or he really desires. A few skeins of alpaca, cashmere, or sparkling yarn make the perfect indulgence. Be sure to buy enough to make a small project.
6. Gift certificates. These are the perfect gifts for the crafter who has everything. Check out our gift certificates here.