15 Must-Read Blog Posts for Beginner Knitters & Crocheters (or What You Need to Know When Starting Out)
June 20th, 2012
If you’re beginning to knit or crochet, you may have noticed that there are a TON of resources online that help you along your way. BUT sometimes it’s hard to know exactly what you need to know (or what you should be asking questions about).
Here are some of our most useful blog posts for beginners, organized by topic. Read through each of them and you’ll have a better sense of the basic skills that you’ll need for every project!
Just the Basics
- 6 Tips on How to Learn to Knit or Crochet
- New to Yarncrafting? We’ve Got Some Tips to Help You Along Your Journey
- Gauge Swatch 101: How to Make and Measure Your Swatch
- Best Yarns for Beginners
- What Is Fingering/Sock/Sport/DK/Worsted…Weight Yarn?
- How To Choose the Best Yarn for Your Project; Understanding How Texture and Color Interact
- 12 Tips on How to Organize Your Yarn Stash
- Choosing the Right Needle or Hook for Your Yarncrafting
- 4 Essential Tools for Your Project Bag
- How to Use Stitch Markers
- Tips for Reading a Pattern
- Hey Beginners, We Found Your Next Easy Project!
- Five Quick & Easy Knitting Patterns
- From the Video Archive: Beginner Project Ideas to Knit & Crochet
|Subscribe to our channel on|