September 30th, 2012
Whether you’re thinking ahead to the holidays or you’re just looking to make something for the child in your life, a sweater can be a rewarding quick-to-knit-or-crochet project for fall.
“Quick?” you’re wondering. Yup! Since baby and toddler garments are quite a bit smaller than adults’, they are pretty fast to make (and they are a great way to practice garment construction).
Here, I’ve selected 12 of our favorite knit & crochet patterns in 4 styles: Easy, Breezy Classics; Fit for a Princess; Fun Patterns & Textures; and Preppy Favorites.
Easy, Breezy Classics
|Crochet Baby Kimono||Knit Neck Down Cardi||Crochet Pram Parade Sweater Set|
Fit for a Princess
|Knit Lacy Short Sleeved Sweater||Crochet Little Princess Cardi||Crochet Flutter Baby Top|
Fun Patterns & Textures
|Knit Lion Pullover||Crochet Stripe Collage Cardi||Knit Child’s Dog Motif Sweater|
|Knit Crewneck Sweater||Crochet Severin Pullover||Knit Star Baby Pullover|
Do you have a favorite sweater pattern for kids? Tell us what it is in the comments!
- 8 Fast and Easy Hats to Knit or Crochet this Fall
- First Scarf Favorites; 8 Easy Patterns in Knit & Crochet
- On Trend: 12 Sweaters & Cardigans in Saturated Colors
- A Look at Wool-Ease: a Classic Worsted-Weight, Easy-Care Yarn + 9 Fan-Favorite Patterns
- Fall Fashion to Knit and Crochet: 12 Capes and Capelets We Love
- 9 No-Knit/No-Crochet Craft Projects to Do with Your Kids