November 27th, 2012
When you’re making a sweater for yourself or someone else, it’s important to take a few things into consideration. You’ll want to make sure to select a shape that suits you (or the recipient), the right size, and you’ll want to make sure that you’ve got gauge. Here are a couple of articles from LionBrand.com and the Lion Brand Notebook that will help you on your way:
- Dressing to Flatter Your Body: This article on LionBrand.com includes tips on picking the right silhouette and style for your body.
- Selecting the Perfect Sweater Size: Learn how to choose the right size sweater for yourself (or your gift recipient) in this article.
- Keep Track of Your Measurements: Knowing your own measurements is essential to picking your size AND knowing if you need to make any adjustments to your sweater to make it fit your shape better!
- Gauge Swatch 101: How to Make and Measure Your Swatch: Ready to cast on? Make sure you swatch first so that your garment comes out the right size.
- Want a Bigger Garment? Use a Thicker Yarn: You’ve mastered the above techniques…but you’ve found a pattern that comes in measurements that aren’t quite right for your needs. Find out how a different weight of yarn can come to the rescue!
Pattern pictured: Fisherman Sweater & Hat