July 21st, 2013
Something I love about working in the yarn industry is all of the creative people you meet. Working with designers, artists, and writers constantly inspires me. One of my favorite people in the industry is extremely prolific designer Lily Chin.
Look her up on Amazon.com or Ravelry and you’ll find dozens of books and individual designs, ranging from accessible accessories to complex cables—reversible, no less!
But don’t take my word for it! Here are a few podcasts and videos from our collections featuring interviews with Lily herself:
- YarnCraft Episode 87 – Skip to 22:23 to hear my interview with Lily in front of a live audience. She takes us behind-the-scenes of her book Power Cables.
- Talks from the Yarniverse: Lily Chin – In our video series, Patty Lyons of the Lion Brand Yarn Studio interviews Lily about cables, swatching, and more.
- YarnCraft Episode 55 – Skip to 22:17 to hear Lily’s top 10 tips for knitters and crocheters, inspired by her books Crocheting Tips & Tricks and Knitting Tips & Tricks.
Want to make your own Lily Chin original? Here are a few patterns she’s designed for Lion Brand that I think are awesome summer projects:
|Crochet Modern Lace Shawl||Knit and Crochet Tunic|
|Knit Ballet Wrap||Crochet New Lace Tunic|
For more designer interviews, check out:
- Introducing Rohn Strong: Designer and Author of Southern Crochet Winter 2012
- Talks from the Yarniverse: Watch Interviews at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio
- Behind 150 KNIT & CROCHET MOTIFS: Q&A with Author Heather Lodinsky
- Inside BABY BLUEPRINT CROCHET: an Interview with Robyn Chachula