September 8th, 2013
Choosing a Prayer Shawl Pattern
Items Other Than Prayer Shawls
Prayer shawls don’t have to be shawls. Other popular items for prayer-based crafting include:
- Chemo caps
- Afghans and lapghans
- Prayer scarves
Selecting Prayer Shawl Recipients
If you are inspired to craft something handmade for a specific individual, by all means do so. Alternatively you may donate to a group. Here are some tips for selecting your group:
- Pick a cause that you care about. What has affected your life?
- Ask friends what charities they support and why.
- Think local; it’s wonderful to drop your donation off in person if you can.
You can also find charities that are currently seeking donations by using the Lion Brand Charity Connection page.
Setting the Space
The recipient benefits from your prayer shawl but to get the most out of the crafting experience it should also help heal you. Set your space intentionally when doing prayer crafting. Some tips:
- Choose a quiet space.
- Use lighting that is adequate but not glaring.
- Burn candles or incense.
- Ask yourself what makes you feel most comfortable and safe. Infuse your space with that thing.
- See more tips for meditative crafting.
[Pattern pictured: Knit Honest Warmth Shawl]
Who have you (or would you like to) donate a prayer shawl to? Share your stories in the comments to inspire others!
|Subscribe to our channel on|