Last week, I asked you to vote on your favorite Lion Brand yarn for charity crafting. The results are in, and you named Vanna’s Choice as your favorite. Some of the reasons you named were the softness, washability, and wide color range. Homespun was also quite popular in the poll for similar reasons. Now that you’ve selected your favorite yarns, here are 5 patterns to inspire your charity crafting:
1. Knit Warm Up America Blanket: This comfortable blanket is perfect for donating to Warm Up America or any other charity organization. It’s also a great project for experimenting with the over 50 colors of Vanna’s Choice.
2. Crochet Comforting Blue Cap: This comfortable hat makes a perfect chemo cap.
3. Knit Ribbed Scarf: This versatile scarf can be worn by men, women, or child.
4. Crochet Simply Sublime Shawl: The softness of Homespun makes this prayer shawl extra special.
5. Knit Honest Warmth Shawl: This triangular prayer shawl works up quickly and easily.
What’s your favorite pattern for charity projects? Share your thoughts in the comments!
This time of year, many of us wake up from our sense of complacency to remember that we should be thankful for what we have. Studies show that being grateful is actually good for us. Remembering to be thankful for something everyday has been linked to being healthier and happier. When we realize that our lives, while never perfect, have many bright spots, the natural inclination is to give back, to show our appreciation by paying it forward.
One of the lessons I have learned from working for Lion Brand for over a decade is how important charity is to this company. It’s been part of the family’s traditions for generations. We don’t talk about all of the donations, but there is one we would like to share with you today because it is with your help that we make this donation. Lion Brand Yarn Company and Vanna White have partnered with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with the goal of furthering research to fight childhood cancer. With your help in making Vanna’s Choice, Vanna’s Choice Baby, and Vanna’s Glamour successful, we have raised $622,745 since March 2007 to donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. This donation supports the extraordinary work of an organization where no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or the ability to pay.
Tomorrow’s post will be about yarn crafting for charity–a topic we know is near and dear to so many of you who believe in charity as well. Before we all leave for the holiday, from everyone at the Lion Brand family to you we want to express our thanks for being part of our community.