Category Page

Pantone Sees Blue For 2020

Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2020 reflects the Hat Not Hate campaign message.

Read More

Ready to KNOT? Lion Brand Yarn Has Landed at AR Workshop!

The trend of super chunky knit blankets continues this season and you can get in on the fun with AR Workshop and Lion Brand! We’ve teamed up to created a super soft, jumbo chenille yarn that’s perfect for arm knitting or hand looping. No needles or prior knitting skills required to whip up your own…

Read More

#HatNotHate: Deadline Extended to September 1!

Have you been following along with Hat Not Hate? If you have then you know HNH is Lion Brand’s anti bullying campaign. In this second year we have a goal of collecting 25,000 blue hats (blue is the official anti-bullying color). You can help us get there by sending in your blue hats to the…

Read More

Want To Get Paid To Share Your Love Of Knit Or Crochet? Enroll In The CYC Certification Program!

Would you consider going back to school? What if you could go back to school to become a certified knitting and/or crochet instructor?! Sign us up! The CYC (Craft Yarn Council) offers a Certified Instructors Program (CIP) that will get you started with everything you need to get out there and start teaching new knitters…

Read More

Go Behind the Scenes on Sutton Foster’s Photo Shoot!

Sutton Foster, star of the silver screen and stage, is also an avid crocheter! In her downtime you might find her relaxing with hook and yarn, most likely whipping something up for her daughter. Sutton’s visit was filled with an abundance of yarn, laughs and smiles all around! And of course there was yarn shopping!…

Read More

Celebrity Stitch Night: Tune In To Watch Live!

Mark Your Calendars! Tuesday, July 16, 2019 @ 8pm PST We’re flying to LA for a night of stitching with a few yarn-loving celebs we know you’ll recognize! Stay tuned to Facebook and Instagram at 8pm PST on Tuesday, July 16 and watch the live broadcast to see who’s dropping by! Shhhh… we can’t say…

Read More

Send Us Your BLUE Hats For a Chance To Win $500!

If you aren’t familiar with the Hat Not Hate campaign, Lion Brand Yarn Company launched our anti-bullying campaign in 2018. We encourage people to make, wear, and post handmade blue hats, adding #HatNotHate when sharing on social platforms. Blue hats are our symbol in the “craftivist” movement to eradicate bullying. READ MORE ON HATNOTHATE.ORG GET INVOLVED! Make…

Read More

Send in Your BLUE Hats For a Chance to Win!

Scroll down for how to participate and official contest rules. 30% OFF BLUE YARNS FOR JUNE 2019! Hat Not Hate has really taken off! It has been awesome seeing the hats coming in and everyone posting their blue hats on social media! 25,000 blue hats is big goal, so for the month of June 2019…

Read More

Carpe Filum

I had intended this month to continue the series of little knitting memoirs that began with my first scarf, then continued with my first yarn shop, and the first (and last) time I was held captive by one of my own projects. But life had other ideas. Instead of firsts, I’m thinking about lasts. I’ve…

Read More

Beginner Pattern Contest! Lion Brand & Sh*t That I Knit

Calling Knit Designers! If you love knitting, designing, and Wool-Ease Thick & Quick then this contest is for you! Lion Brand & Sh*t That I Knit are teaming up for a beginner pattern contest (deadline is June 14, 2019). Read on for details! What Is Sh*t That I Knit? Sh*t That I Knit​ is a…

Read More