We love our Shelfie contests and this time we’re partnering with our friends at Walmart to bring you, even more, Shelfie fun! This is an opportunity to let your creativity shine through. Of course, just remember to please be courteous, and if you decorate pack it all back up when you’re done.
*You may enter more than once. Just please make them separate posts!
Prizes will be chosen on or about July 1st, 2021. The winners will be announced on July 2, 2021. Prizes sent out within 1-2 weeks of the end of the contest. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges and will be awarded based on creativity.
First Prize – $1,000!
The names of the winners will be posted on the Lion Brand Yarn Facebook pages.
There are so many options with this contest. We really want to see your creativity shine. Below are a few examples, from our last Shelfie contest, to get you going!
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR OBLIGATION REQUIRED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: The Walmart and LION BRAND Shelfie Contest (“Contest”) is open to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States and the District of Columbia age 18 or older as of the date of entry, and who are registered users of the Facebook® platform who follow Lion Brand Yarn (@LionBrandYarn). Participants must set their accounts/profiles to “public” in order for the entry submission to be eligible. Persons who are immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) of, or live in the same household as, employees or directors, or are themselves employees or directors, of Walmart Stores, LLC, Orchard Yarn and Thread Company, Inc. DBA Lion Brand Yarn Company, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible to participate. By entering and using the Contest hashtags, you agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsors, which are final and binding. Orchard Yarn and Thread Company, Inc. DBA Lion Brand Yarn Company, 140 Kero Rd, Carlstadt, NJ 07072, is the sponsor of the Contest (“Sponsor”).
2. Timing: The Contest begins on June 1, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 30, 2021, at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period”).
3. To Enter: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Registering on the Instagram platform is free. To enter, take a photo in any Walmart location in the yarn aisle and upload the photo to your Facebook account during the Contest Period with #WalmartLBYShelfie and tagging @Walmart and @lionbrandyarn. Your photo topic can be anything related to yarn.
Teams or groups may not enter. Photos and captions must meet all terms and conditions of the Facebook platform. No professional photography allowed. Photos should not prominently display trademarks or copyrighted works of third parties. The yarn shown in the photo does not have to be LION BRAND® yarn. If a photo includes a minor child, a parent or guardian of that child must be the entrant. Photos do not have to have been taken during the Contest Period. By submitting a photo with the Contest hashtag, you affirm and represent that you took the photo submitted in the entry and own all rights in it, and you affirm and represent that you have permission from each individual appearing in the photo to submit the photo as an entry into this Contest. If your photo is selected as a winner in the Contest, Sponsors may require signed releases from all such individuals appearing in the photo as part of the confirmation process, and Sponsors may disqualify any potential winner who is unable to provide such releases. By posting a photo with #WalmartLBYShelfie to enter the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsors a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license in and to the photo, so that Sponsors have the right to use, not use, display, post, publish, copy, edit, and create derivative works from the photo submitted in the entry in any and all media, worldwide, without limitation or further obligation to you or any other party. By submitting a photo in the Contest, you confirm and represent that your submission does not violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity. Obviously non-responsive photos will be disqualified in the sole discretion of Sponsors. Photos containing or depicting nudity, violence, discrimination, or other content deemed inconsistent with the LION BRAND® brand, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor may randomly select entry photos to feature on their social media sites and websites from time to time both during and after the Contest Period. By submitting an entry into the Contest, you specifically agree to such use. There is a limit of one entry per person for the entire Contest Period. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means are not eligible. Because you are entering using a mobile device, standard data charges may apply from your carrier.
4. Selection and Notification of Winners: A panel of experts from Sponsor will judge all eligible entries received during the Contest Period and will select a first, second and third place winner based on the creativity of the yarn subject depicted in the photo as well as the quality and composition of the photo submitted in the entry. This is a contest of skill. Your odds of winning depend on how your entry photograph compares to the others received during the Contest Period in light of the judging criteria. Sponsor Lion Brand Yarn will post the names/handles of the potential winners on its Facebook page and tag the potential winners before 5:00 p.m. ET on July 2, 2021. Sponsor will also send a direct message via Facebook to the potential winners by 5:00 p.m. ET on July 1, 2021. Participants are solely responsible for checking their Facebook messages and the Walmart Facebook page to see if they are a potential winner. Potential winners must respond to the direct message before 5:00 p.m. ET on July 1, 2021, providing a full name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number. Potential winners must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) within seven (7) business days of receipt in order to formally claim the prize. If a potential winner fails to timely respond to the potential winner post or direct message with the required contact information via e-mail, or if a potential winner fails to submit the signed documentation within the designated time period, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, then that potential winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and the entrant with the next highest score from the judges will be notified as a potential winner in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right not to award a prize if it is unable to confirm a winner in the Contest for a given prize after four attempts.
5. Prize: One (1) First Prize winner will receive $1000. Total approximate retail value of all prizes is $1000. Gift cards are subject to all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. All applicable taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of winners. No cash in lieu of prize or substitution of prize. Prizes are non-transferable prior to award and must be accepted as awarded. Prize will be shipped to the winners’ mailing address provided in the confirmation documents within four to six weeks following confirmation. Returned prizes will not be awarded.
The names of the winners will be posted on the Lion Brand Yarn Facebook page. Or, to receive the names of the prize winners by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, for receipt before July 15, 2021, to Orchard Yarn and Thread Company, Inc. and LION BRAND Shelfie Contest Winners List, 140 Kero Rd, Carlstadt, NJ 07072. Allow 4-6 weeks following the close of the Contest or receipt of request, whichever is later, for delivery of Winner List.
6. Other Considerations: By accepting a prize, winners agree that Sponsors and those acting under their authority may use winner’s name, Facebook account, biographical information, the photo submitted in the entry, and any comments or statements made by winner relating to the Contest for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, WALMART, FACEBOOK, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INJURY, CLAIM, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. The Contest is void in all jurisdictions where prohibited.
7. Miscellaneous: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the individual whose Facebook account was used to post the entry photo. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error, issues with the Facebook platform, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who may have tampered with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and to select winners from among the eligible entries received during the Contest prior to such event. Sponsor reserve the right to void suspect entries, in their sole discretion. The use of multiple Facebook profiles by a single individual to generate additional entries is prohibited and will result in the disqualification of any such individual found to be using such methods from participation in the Contest, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or other communications. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, mobile device, software, failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen or misdirected mail, e-mail or other communications.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
You must be <a href="http://blog.lionbrand.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.lionbrand.com%2Fthe-walmart-and-lion-brand-shelfie-contest%2F">logged in</a> to post a comment.