Category Page

Hometown® Heroes!

Hometown® Heroes! Brought to you by Hometown® Bonus Bundle® Yarn Over the last few months, we have been inspired by the stories of community members coming together through yarn. These could be acts of kindness that affect a whole town or even just one neighbor. We all have stories, but we rarely have a chance…

Read More

THE #LBYWickedWIP WINNERS!

Today is the day! We are announcing the official winners of our #LBYWickedWIP contest! This contest has been so much fun for everyone at Lion Brand to see what you all came up with for your costume designs! 3rd Place – Humphrey The Tortoise from @honeyann.sibleyguerette Made with Basic Stitch Anti Pilling™ Yarn 2nd Place…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Niki Dionne

is a featured artist in Intangible, a Craft Yarn Council fiber art installation. Created in collaboration with The Sweet Tooth Hotel. Niki is a Pom-Pom maker, knitter, and illustrator. @actualfootageofme

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Molly Margaret Sydnor

Molly Margaret Sydnor is a featured artist in Intangible, a Craft Yarn Council fiber art installation. Created in collaboration with The Sweet Tooth Hotel. Molly is a weaver, painter, and experimental fashion designer. @mollymargaretdesigner

Read More

When 80 Blankets Became 125

If you’ve been following along with my #80Blankets posts then you already know a piece of my story. In case this is our first meeting, let me share some of the blanket history. My wedding was scheduled for December 2020. (“Was” being the key word in this sentence.) We planned to have our ceremony outdoors…

Read More

My Go-To Blanket Stitch: The Wavy Chevron

One stitch pattern in particular has become my go-to, my buddy, my best friend and it’s the wavy chevron. It’s classic ripple stitch goodness that works with just about all yarns no matter what the weight or texture. So far I’ve worked this pattern using Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick®, Totally Tubular, Feels Like Butta with Mandala Roving, Feels Like Butta with Winter Nights (on…

Read More

80 Blankets: Piles of Pineapples

The yarn combination on this one might seem a little surprising. I took a 100% polyester chenille-esq yarn and paired it with an 90/10 acrylic/mohair blend. Weird? Maybe, but it works! The combination is a soft yet substantial fabric. Even though the stitch I’m using is very open I think the resulting blanket will still…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Rachel Gutshall

Rachel Gutshall from Lincoln, DE, USA on Instagram as @warming.the.heart What is your favorite Lion Brand Yarn? Comfy Cotton Blend How did you come to learn yarn crafts and do you remember who taught you? I came to yarn and crochet seven years ago through my best gal pal and partner-in-craft, Rebekah Bowers. I was…

Read More

80 Blankets: Sparkling Waves

What a luscious combination! If you love sparkles and a little bit of velvet than you’ll love this pairing of Lion Brand Vel-Luxe and Winter Nights. Both yarns are worsted weight (CYC4), but held together they become a nice super bulky. I used a size 11.5mm crochet hook and finished this 45″ x 45″ blanket…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Gianna Gaizi

Gianna Gaizi of Detroit MI, USA @LittleRedKnits  What is your favorite Lion Brand yarn? Wool Ease Thick & Quick What brought you to yarn (knitting/crochet)? I was staying with my grandma after moving home from college and she always had knitting needles in the TV room. One evening, I just asked her to teach me how to knit while…

Read More