Category Page

My Life In Yarn: Jennifer Sherman

Jennifer Sherman from Olalla, WA Sunflower Girl Creations Homespun What is your favorite Lion Brand yarn? Homespun What brought you to yarn (knitting/crochet)? I believe both of my grandmothers knitted. My grandma Murphy tried to teach me to knit when I was a teen, but I didn’t take to it. Do you remember who taught…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Pam Grice

Pam Grice from Colorado Springs, CO @thecrochetpreneur What’s Your Favorite LBY Yarn? Wool Ease Thick & Quick! What brought you to yarn (knitting/crochet)? Ever since I was a little girl, I was creative and the women around me encouraged me to explore and play with all sorts of mediums. My aunt had a bag full…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Rachelle Rapp

Rachelle Rapp from Perrysburg, OH @cosierandcosier What’s Your Favorite LBY Yarn: It’s impossible to have just one favorite. The first bulky yarn I ever used was Wool-Ease Thick & Quick (specifically in Fisherman) and I have been hooked (pun always intended) ever since. I absolutely love Heartland (Cuyahoga Valley is drop-dead gorgeous) and Jeans, which…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Corin Purifoy

Corin Purifoy from Milwaukee, WI, USA i.knit.u.knot Q. Favorite LBY Yarn: Just one? Touch of Alpaca. It’s so lush and soft, it’s like touching a cloud! Q. What brought you to yarn (knitting/crochet)? I desperately needed something to do with my hands. I’m an anxious, fidgety person and needed to learn to put that energy into something productive…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Nikki Stokes

My name is Nikki Stokes. I am a native of Baltimore Maryland. I am a mom, autism advocate and crochet extraordinaire! Find me on Instagram @hge_designs Q: What’s your favorite Lion Brand yarn? A. My favorite LBY Yarn is Wool Ease Thick and Quick. I probably have more yarn than clothes, books, and even shoes…

Read More

My Life In Yarn

Every crafter has a yarn story. Maybe it’s the first time you successfully bound off a scarf, a memory of the person who taught you how to double crochet, or even the first time you attempted intarsia. We all have stories like that, but we rarely have a chance to share those stories with fellow…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Kristi Simpson

Featured Customer of the Week: Kristi Simpson from Hartselle, AL  Q: What’s your favorite Lion Brand yarn? A: Come on. How am I supposed to pick ONE? My go-to yarn is Vanna’s Choice(R) because I can use it for all things from amigurumi to blankets. The variety of colors are awesome. Then if I want…

Read More

Show Us Your Bundle of Joy! A PHOTO CONTEST!

We love getting the chance to see all of your photos every day. Your projects make us smile from ear to ear. This is especially true when it comes to seeing pictures of your baby projects and accessories! Many of you have been hard at work creating baby projects for your loved ones and the…

Read More

The Archie Effect

As 2019 came to a close most of us took a moment to reflect on the past year. Instagram was full of “year in review” videos but one of the top posts was actually of someone who isn’t even walking yet. The Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle and Prince Harry posted their year in review…

Read More

Travel The World In 2020 With This Afghan!

Join Lion Brand and 49 designers and bloggers from seven different countries as we embark on the 2020 “My Life in Yarn” campaign with the Traveling Afghans project! Starting in January, the Traveling Afghans will set sail from NYC and journey to a new designer every two weeks. Each designer will create a 10″x10″ square…

Read More