Category Page

80 Blankets: Speed Hook Crochet

Welcome back to my #80Blankets for my wedding journey! If you missed the intro you can catch up HERE. Time is of the essence! With 70 more blankets to complete before my December 2020 wedding (I’ve made 10 so far in the past 2.5 weeks!), designs and yarns that are beautiful, but fast are becoming…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Brenda Byrum

Brenda Byrum from Northeast Dallas, TX @knittingpsalms on Raverly and Instagram) What Is Your Favorite Lion Brand Yarn? My favorite Lion Brand yarn is Jeans.  Lion Brand creators nailed it with this yarn.  The colors are spot on. I knit the Narvon Wrap by Heather Zoppetti using every color – Faded, Brand New, Stonewashed, Classic, Vintage and…

Read More

80 Blankets: Paired Half Doubles

Welcome back to my #80Blankets for my wedding journey! If you missed the intro you can catch up HERE. This blanket came out looking like it took more effort than it actually did. The color combination has a touch of elegance. At least I think so. I was hesitant about pairing the cream (Alabaster) with…

Read More

80 Blankets: Winter Night Chevrons

Welcome back to my #80Blankets for my wedding journey! If you missed the intro you can catch up HERE. The little sparkly sequins on Winter Nights yarn are the perfect match for my December evening wedding. And since my colors are ice blue and pale gold, the Ivory and Light Blue in this yarn pairs…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Ashley Parker

Ashley Parker from Ontario, Canada @theloopylamb What is your favorite Lion Brand yarn? Comfy Cotton Blend! What brought you to yarn (knitting/crochet)? When I was a young child, I used to be mesmerized watching my grandmother knit and crochet.  I wanted to create beautiful things like she did so eventually she taught me to knit and crochet.  Do…

Read More

80 Blankets: Double The Butta

Welcome back to my #80Blankets for my wedding journey! If you missed the intro you can catch up HERE. I originally started this blanket wanting to work front post double crochet stitches. This makes a VERY squishy fabric. It also eats through yarn like crazy. You can see my start using this stitch in the…

Read More

80 Blankets

I’ve been home a lot more than usual, something many can relate to at the moment. To keep from being overwhelmed I’ve been knitting and crocheting. A lot. It keeps me calm and [mostly] sane. I’ve made 5 blankets in the past week. Yup. 5. (You can see my kitty Kaya sleeping on a pile…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Cassandra King

My name is Cassandra King, and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. My favorite Lion Brand Yarn is a 3- way tie! I love the Wool-Ease line (both worsted and super bulky), I love Jeans, and I love the Basic Stitch line. Truly, if I’m purchasing yarn at a big box store, I typically reach for…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Alisha Lucas

Alisha Lucas from Puryear, TN @sweetstylishangel What is your favorite Lion Brand Yarn? Vanna’s Choice! What brought you to yarn (knitting/crochet)? It was a long 16 hour day with my son at his doctors appointment at Saint Jude’s research hospital when I sat down next to this lady in the cafeteria. She and I started…

Read More

My Life In Yarn: Ruth Petermann

Ruth Petermann from Mendota Heights, MN What is your favorite Lion Brand Yarn? Wool-Ease! I was only introduced to it about 6-7 years ago, but it has become my favorite for so many things. Being up in the northern part of the country, I have an appreciation for the warmth of wool. When the temperature…

Read More